Tia celebrated its 3rd anniversary of incorporation on January 17th! We didn’t have a chance to celebrate though; we are too busy getting ready for our exciting, new spring projects.
Amazing things are happening in our villages since we started:
- The Community Health Workers (Promotoras) are organizing themselves and their fellow community members to address other aspects of their life that need improvement and setting target goals
- Promotoras assist the doctor at their monthly visits to the local clinic, conducting triage, taking patient histories, and performing procedures
- Over 30,000 people now have access to medical care at a cost of less than $5 per person
- Children are receiving much need health education, ensuring the next generation will enjoy a better quality of life
- 98 women, who lacked self-confidence and respect prior to becoming Promotoras, have now become community leaders with dignity
What Tia has accomplished in the last three years would not have been possible without our fantastic donors, volunteers, interns, Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara’s Community Medicine Program, and the villagers themselves. Thank you! You deserve to celebrate too!